Friday, July 16, 2010

Miss-Beckie-Louise's Week 10 Entry: The Best Day Of Our Lives


Picture 1Picture 2

Miss-Beckie-Louise's Choice: Both

The Best Day of Our Lives

Today started like any other, we got up, got dressed and discussed what we wanted to.

"I want to go to the aquarium," David said.

"I want to go to the park," I replied straight after him.

We decided that we'll do both and that we had plenty of time to do both because it was still early. So, that is what we did, we made a picnic, and walked hand in hand down the park, it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, however there were a few clouds in the sky. I prayed it would rain, it hadn't rained in days and it the days were just stifling.

The park wasn't busy when we arrived, there were a few kids around, and a man with balloons, I went up to him and purchased a few because you are never too old for balloons they are used for every occasion if you think about it; weddings, births, birthdays, christenings, graduation just to name a few.

I may have paid a little too much for the balloons but I really didn't care, I just wanted to have fun. I gave David the balloons and told him to keep hold of them until my signal. Of course, I don't think he knew what I was going to do.

Then, I gave him the signal and he let them go, I ran, skipped, span in different directions with the balloons all around me. It reminded me of when I was a little girl, and I was told to "live every day like it was my last."

Of course, I took this literally because every day isn't spent on moping, or being sad, instead they are being full of little things, memories, good ones, sometimes the odd bad one when something doesn't go as planned, but it was this time that I loved to spend making my imprint on the world.

When all of the balloons disappeared, I sat beside David, and we ate lunch together before leaving for the aquarium. We got there not long before the lunch rush, as they have a restaurant that is used during lunch time for all the other businesses around.

We paid for entry and took a look round. It came towards the jellyfish and the shark sections so I skipped them by running through the tunnels and told David I'd meet him when he comes through. I waited for half an hour, by which time I started to freak out, I knew that I was freaking out over nothing, but I had visions of the glass breaking and the sharks and jellyfish attacking him.

So I walked through the tunnels keeping an eye on the floor only, trying to find David by looking at other people's shoes. I found him in the jellyfish section, talking to a man. I strained to hear what he was saying because after all, I wasn't meant to be here exactly, I was meant to be meeting him at the end of the two sections.

"How old are these jellyfish?" I heard David ask.

The man who David was talking to replied but I couldn't hear what he said. I decided at that moment to go and wait for him, as he might be a while and I could easily look at the other sea creatures that didn't freak me out.

I looked at the seahorses and sting rays when someone's arms wrapped around me. I jumped and turned and found David with a small smile on his face.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey babe, sorry I was so long, I wanted some info on the jellyfish," David explained.

"Oh no problem, I've just been here looking at the seahorses and sting rays."

"Cool, had fun?" He asked

I nodded, "Yup, it's been great."


We walked around the aquarium for the rest of the day before heading off home. David turned on the computer and hooked up his digital camera, a few seconds later pictures of me and the balloons came on the screen. I put my hand to my mouth as I gasped, I looked happy.

I turned to him and kissed him deeply.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too. Always."

Today was the best day ever.