BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Destinee Week 52: The Room in the Attic

Destiny Cullen
Sunday



Picture 1

Picture 2


Destiny Cullen’s Choice: Picture 1


Title:
The Room in the Attic

The family reunion wasn’t the ideal way to start off my summer. School was finally out after frying my brain with finals I was ready to hang out with my friends and sleep in late. Apparently my mother forgot what it’s like being a seventeen year old.

I threw my bag in the trunk dramatically and plopped myself in the backseat putting my earphones on to drown out my parents excited mumbling. Two hours later I was surrounded by familiar mountains and the tall trees around our cabin.

“Lisa,” my mom pulled me close to her chest and whispered in my ear. “I need you to be nice and talk to you Aunt Esther. And your cousin Tony is here too. Marie told me he might have brought a friend but be a dear and be social.”

I groaned pulling my over-sized bag out of the trunk. “Why didn’t I get to bring a friend?” Entering the huge cabin we always used for family meetings I searched for anyone out and about. The coast was clear and I headed up to my secret room up in the attic.

Opening the door, I automatically threw my bag towards the bed in the corner. “Umph! Hey,” I heard someone call from the bed and jumped into a ninja pose. A guy I never seen before pulled my bag off his stomach and laid it on the floor.

“What are you doing here?” I narrowed my eyes at him as he chuckled at my ninja stance. “Hello? Are you just a homeless person kicking it in my family’s cabin? If so, go choose one of the bedrooms downstairs, this one is mine.”

He tried stifling his laughter by biting his bottom lip, but that distracted me and threw off my inner ninja, so I dropped my pose and decided on just crossing my arms. “Do you speak English? Japanese? Maybe you’re fluent in Idiot?”

“No, but I’m fluent in Sarcasm.” He smiled and it lit up his whole face making me realize how cute this possible homeless guy was. “Before you turn Ninja again on me. I’m Jareth, Bobby’s friend, not some homeless guy. And if we’re being fair, I was in this room first. So, I call it.”

My mouth flew open. “What? You can’t do that. This is my room, I get dibs. I‘m not giving it over to The Goblin King.” He smirked and raised himself from the bed. He raised his hands in ‘what are you going to do about it’ way. I looked over the small room and out the small window.

“How did you even find this room?” I said without looking at him.

“It wasn’t hard.” I heard him move around the room but I didn’t take my gaze off the window. “It’s kind of my job to find out secrets.”

I scoffed looking over my shoulder at him, “So you’re a private investigator or something?” His sinful grin spread across his face. “Nope, I’m a blackmailer.” Looked over at my bag at then back at him. He tilted his head in challenged and we both lunged for it.

My hand collided with his neck and I twisted out of the way with my bag but he rolled along with me not stopping his pursuit. We became a jumble of limbs and I forgot where my bag landed and where he ended and I began.

I suddenly was aware of the grunts we were making and I stilled and a blush crept up my neck and into my cheeks. Jareth was on top of me and he looked down at me momentarily stunned. His stray hair was stuck to his forehead and he was breathing hard.

His green eyes burned into mine and his weight was a delicious pressure against mine. His face was inches from mine, all he had to do was lower his head and I would be in heaven. I closed my eyes as his lips brushed against mine.

Ever hear that myth about being kissed so sensually, so loving, so completely that the person takes your soul? Me either, but if it were true, Jareth is now in possession of my soul.

My blood feels like it’s boiling and all he has done is kiss me. I thread my fingers into his hair pulling him even closer to me. My hips rock into his causing waves of pleasure through me.

“More,” I whisper as he kisses down my chin to my neck. I feel him smile against my skin. “My ninja wants more?” I bite my lip trying not to moan as he sucks and nibbles on my neck. “Yes, if you don’t give her what she wants she’s going to kick your ass.” Another laugh from him but his hands start roaming my body, joining the party. “Your wish is my command.”

I smiled feeling so lost in the haze of lust. Out of nowhere a rock crashes through the small window in the corner and Jareth picked me up and put me on the bed away from the glass.

“Lisa! Get your ass down here! I can never find the door to that room. Your Aunt Esther wants to talk to you!” My cousin Tony yelled from outside.

“I hate you so much right now, Tony!” I righted my clothes and chanced a glance at Jareth. He had a self-satisfied grin plastered on his face. Well it’s safe to say he doesn’t regret making out with a total stranger, for that matter I don’t either.

“Yeah, yeah. By the way if you see my friend Jareth on your way to the lake tell him he needs to pick a bedroom before the good ones are gone.” Tony’s voice was fading so I knew he didn’t expect me to answer.

“I’m keeping this room,” Jareth said trying to hide his smile. “The hell you are! I’m kick-” He lifted up my bag and cut me off. “I’m sure you’d like me to stay out of this bag. The only way I’m going to do that is if I get to stay in here-”

“Fiiiine, I‘ll pick a room downstairs.” I turned to go out the door when he turned me around and pulled me into his chest. “You didn’t let me finish. I want to stay in here with you.” His lips were suddenly on mine and I almost forgot that I had to go talk with my stupid aunt.

I pulled away before he could give me another drugging kiss. “Let me think on it,” I said playfully. “In the meantime clean up the glass and stay out of the bag. I’ll know if you were in there or not. Ninja senses and all.” I smiled and blew him a kiss.

On the porch of the cabin I could see the lake and a few of my aunts and uncles, along with my parents gathered by the water. As I walked the short distance to the lake I decided that this is exactly the way I needed to start off my summer.

0 comments: