BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 22, 2011

Miss Beckie Louise Week 66: A Trip to LegoLand

Miss Beckie Louise
Friday



Picture 1

Picture 2


Miss Beckie Louise's Choice: Picture 2


Title:
A Trip to Legoland

A/N: I haven't been to legoland so I don't know what its like. However, some terms may be different to those in the US as I do live in the UK and we don't always have the same definition for things. Sorry for the lapse in prompts. I've had a rough week. Hope you enjoy!


I was so excited. I had never been to Legoland Windsor before and I just couldn't wait. It was going to be so much fun! My parents had always wanted to take us, but it was so expensive. So when there was a school trip to Legoland, my parents agreed that it was the perfect time for me to go while keeping some money in their pockets!

I had to get up early. Not that it made much difference, I hadn't slept the night before from sheer excitement.

My parents dropped me off at the local bus station where a coach was waiting to take us. I met the teacher and gave my name before being told to sit on the bus. I sat next to a window so I could watch us ride away.

Before long the coach was full, and a girl I hadn't met before sat next to me.

“Hi, I'm Tom,” I said giving her a small smile.

“Hey, I'm Tiffany.” She gave me a smile and then got a book out of her backpack and opened it. She didn't want to talk to me. I was a little sad about that.

We didn't say anything else for the rest of the ride. When we were nearly there, Mrs Edwards stood up and told us that whoever we were sitting next to, they were our partners for the day and to always stay close and not run away from each other — it was the buddy system.

Great, I'm stuck with the girl who doesn't like me, I thought. This day was going to be boring if I was stuck with her.

We turned a corner and I saw the LegoLand sign. I bounced in my seat a little bit, even more excited as we had arrived.

Tiffany laughed at me and said, “Excited?”

I nodded in reply and she giggled once again.

“Good book?” I asked, trying to make conversation. I didn't want things to be bad between us if we had to spend the day together.

“Yeah, it's alright,” she replied.

“What is it?”

“Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.”

“My dad's reading that to us at home. I love it; it's so cool. I wish I was a wizard!” I exclaimed.

“Where have you got up to?” she asked. She told me she was nearly at the end, so I wouldn't be spoiling anything for her.

“Oh, I just got up to Lockhart's first lesson. Those damned pixies.”

She giggled once again, and I decided I liked the sound of her laugh. “I love that bit, it's so funny!”

We smiled at each other as Mrs Edwards stood up and told us that we were just arriving. We were told to put anything away and that we would be getting out one row at a time.

It wasn't long before we were all entering the park. Our tickets had been checked and our teachers were leading us inside. We all gasped and aww'd at the park and the things we saw there.

We spent the day looking at the things that were made out of lego pieces and going on the rides. It was so much fun. The best thing there was this statue of a man pulling his chest apart so you could see the heart. It was awesome. I'd love to be able to build something like that.

Tiffany and I got along great during the day. We ate lunch together, even though we could sit with the others and mingle a bit. I didn't want to leave LegoLand, but I remembered something I was told once. “All good things must come to an end.”

I guess they were right.

0 comments: