BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Burntcore Week 48: Paradise

Burntcore
Thursday



Picture 1

Picture 2


Burntcore's Choice: Picture 1


Title:
Paradise

I hated this time of year. It was cold and barren and brown. Even the snow only stayed pure for so long. Staying out in this cabin only made me feel more desolate. I brought the cigarette to my lips again and pulled another drag of the sweet tobacco into my lungs.

It felt like spring would never come again. I longed for warm breezes and leaves on trees and even flowers. Mostly, I couldn’t wait to see the girls running around campus in shorts and tiny dresses.

I couldn’t help it, I was still a guy... who, especially in this cold, forsaken place, longed for the warmth of something soft and feminine. All of those soft and feminine things were covered up by thick, downy jackets, gloves, hats, and scarves.

Sigh.

And yet, my dumbass is standing out on this joke of a balcony in a t-shirt. The joys of being a smoker.

Maybe I should quit.

Maybe I should just put on a sweatshirt before I go outside.

Perhaps it was time for a road trip to someplace warm.

Shivering, I flicked my cigarette out into the snow covered grass below and shuffled back into the cabin. My roommate was sprawled across the couch, mashing his thumbs on the controller of his game system.

“Dude!” I said as I plopped down beside him.

“‘Sup?” he asked, somewhat distracted as he graphically dismembered his enemy on the screen with sprays of blood going in several directions.

“When’s your last final?”

“Tomorrow,” he replied, and executed another series of hacking and slashing.

“Awesome. It’s time for a road trip.”

“Where?”

“Somewhere south. I don’t care where as long as it’s warm and has pretty girls.”

My roommate looked back at me with a big smile. “Now that’s what I’m talking about. There’s a game I would much rather be playing.”

He high-fived me and I laughed as I started making plans for our winter break road trip away from this desolate, cold, hellhole.

Paradise, here we come.

0 comments: