BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Destinee Week 55: Glitter In Your Pocket

Destiny Cullen
Sunday



Picture 1

Picture 2


Destiny Cullen’s Choice: Picture 2


Title:
Glitter in your Pocket

Here I was again, in the library, bored off my ass during summer vacation. “I seriously need to get a life,” I whispered to myself as I propped up my newest doodle on the table.

“Killing trees again, Ariel?”

I turned around to see Beau heading toward my table. I couldn’t help but smile as he set two books in front of me and went to sit across from me.

“You know me,” I shrugged trying to hide my excitement. Beau always made the day less boring, and he always finds a way to make me smile.

“Yeah, I do...” He mumbled. “So what is your latest masterpiece?”

He always did this. No matter what doodle I create he always asks about it. The very first time he did this I thought he was just messing with the dork in the corner. So I created a ridiculous story about how a princess was running away from her evil stepfather, who wants her to marry a frog, but on her journey to find a new life somewhere, she runs into a poor bird that broke its wing. She proceeded to help the bird, and when it was healed, she kissed it, and it turned into a prince then they ran away together and all that good stuff.

Ever since then he came to my table and asked me about my doodles.

“Uh.” I looked over at the two figures embracing with two hearts over their head. “I didn’t really have time to make up a story.”

“Improv is good. Show me what you got.” He braced his elbows on the table and looked at me intently, his green eyes shining.

“Um, well... This is Eric and Belle; they’re twenty-three and deep in love. Eric surprised her with a trip to Paris and took her to the Eiffel Tower after a lovely dinner. Belle was shocked when he dropped down to one knee and drew out a velvet box.”

Beau smiled, never breaking eye contact. “And you know what happens next,” I whispered looking away. His hand touching mine brought my attention back to him. “Tell me, I want to know the whole story.”

A small smile played on my lips as I glanced away from his eyes. “Well if you really want to know all the lovey-dovey details...” He chuckled and I continued the story. “Eric took her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing her so tenderly it almost broke her heart. He took out the small diamond ring and asked her to marry him.”

I stopped and he looked at me expectedly. “What? The end, they live happily ever after.” I said chuckling. “Did I forget something?”

He smirked and took his hands away from mine and reached into his pocket. “As a matter of fact you did.”

My eyes went so wide it was painful. “W-what do you mean, Beau?”

He brought his fist out of his pocket and hovered it over my doodle. “You forgot about the fireworks.” He grinned and opened his hand as glitter sparkled in the light. “You gotta have fireworks as she said yes.” I couldn’t help but laugh. The old people at the table across from us gave us dirty looks.

“What? You don’t like my fireworks?”

“No, no, it’s not that,” I said in-between my giggling fits. “It’s just that I’m picturing you walking around with glitter in your pocket.”

He glared at me playfully. “Only manly men carry glitter in their pockets.” My giggling fit started all over again and the old people got up to complain to the librarian.

I tried to get my laughter in control. “Honestly, Beau, do you walk around with glitter in your pocket?”

A grin took over his playful glare. “If you really want to know,” he flexed his index finger for me to come closer. “You’ll have to meet me at Starbucks at two,” he whispered into my ear.

He pulled away from me smirking as he looked over my shoulder. “Huh? What? Wait!” He walked away chuckling. “Beau!”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry but I’m going to have to ask you to leave, and clean up that glitter.” The librarian put her hand on my shoulder. I groaned and stared daggers into Beau’s back as I put my stuff into my bag and wiped off the glitter with my shirt.

As I walked out into the summer heat I looked at my watch. An hour until two. I smirked. “Oh, I’m going to get him back for that. I look like a damn disco ball.” I pulled out my cell phone and called my best friend Robbie. “Hey Rob, how much does glitter cost?” I grinned creating my master plan. “Meet me with three containers, we only got one hour.”

This was going to be good!

0 comments: